February 25, 2010

Toxic Lunch

Some foods and products that seem harmless are quite poisonous to your spike ball. Be careful what you feed her and don't assume because people can eat it your little critter can!

Here is a list of things to keep away from her:
  • Dairy Products
  • Grapes and Raisins
  • Nuts and Seeds 
  • Chocolate
  • Junk food
  • Tea Tree Oil (any product with even a bit can be deadly!)
  • Ivermectin (an anti parasite medication)
  • Ethoxyquin/BHA (butylated hydroxyanisole)/BHT (butylated hydroxytoluene) (Preservatives found in some pet foods)
  • Polysporin and Neosporin Pain Relief or Extra Strength 
There are more in-depth descriptions about why each can be dangerous at: wiki.hedgehogcentral.com .  I would have written more details here but they are so excellently clear at hedgehog central that I would just be plagarizing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment